- build the scientific community to examine and discover the genome of olive
- gather the transcriptomics, proteomics and the metabolomics approaches to identify the nature of olive
- use the genetic resources and genomic data to develop better products
- understand the olive fruit, oil and metabolite production processes at molecule levelThe IOGC has been build and now looking for possible attendees. The science plan will cover all the genomics and post-genomics approaches. The IOGC web site will serve for:
- open, accessible registration/participation in the consortium,
- the dissemination of general information and scientific updates, on sequencing the olive genome,transcriptome and other noteworthy national and international research activities, and ultimately
- input to and view/review of the Olive science plan.
List of Publications
1-Huriye Yanik, Mine Turktas, Pilar Hernandez, Gabriel Dorado, Ekrem Dundar, Turgay Unver* "Genome-wide identification of alternate bearing-associated miRNA in the olive tree (Olea europaea)" BMC Plant Biology.2013, 13:10. (Highly accessed) (Hot Topic)
2-Mine Turktas, Behcet Inal, Sezer Okay, Emine Gulden Erkilic, Ekrem Dundar, Pilar Hernandez, Gabriel Dorado, Turgay Unver "Nutrition metabolism plays an important role in the alternate bearing of the olive tree (Olea europaea L.)" Plos One. 2013. dpi:10.1371/journal.pone.0059876
3-Ekrem Dundar, Öznur Suakar, Turgay Unver, Ayhan Dağdelen Isolation and Expression Analysis of cDNAs that are Associated with Alternate Bearing in Olea europaea cv Ayvalık. BMC Genomics 14: 219, 2013.
4-Pérez-Jiménez M, Besnard G, Dorado G, Hernandez P (2013) Varietal Tracing of Virgin Olive Oils Based on Plastid DNA Variation Profiling. PLoS ONE 8(8): e70507. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0070507